Best ficitional tracks

Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa...

Best ficitional tracks

Postby lilmanjs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 am

What are some of your favorite tracks that aren't real tracks in Sim racing games. For me my 2 most loved tracsk are Rome (Night) from the Arcade mode disc of Gran Tursimo 2 and Blue Mountains Raceway from Forza 1. Just tracks that are fast and require good handling.
lilmanjs

Re: Best ficitional tracks

Postby deca » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 am

I personally think Dinosaur Canyon is the single best arcade track.

As for sim I really love Midfield Raceway (the GT2 layout is my favorite) and am still really disappointed that it wasn't included in GT5 and hasn't been added via dlc. Trial Mountain is another excellent track.
deca

Postby 1up » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:15 am

Only two tracks that emidiately come to mind are Grand Valley from Gran Turismo games and Bernese Alps in Forza 4. I'm especially fond of bernese alps. The flow and speed of this track is incredible and it has lots of elevation changes too which makes for an exciting ride.
1up

Postby victoly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm sad they never put Pacific Shipyards in any of the Forza games after the first one. Loved dodging through those containers at night.
victoly

Postby Ruldra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:59 am

Can't we mention tracks from arcade racers? The most memorable track for me is the Hollywood track from NFS2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUMP0jC9TTE

This was the final race of championship mode. You beat all the races in the championship and think you finished the game, then suddenly you're thrown into this track you never saw before and realize there's one more race to complete. The tension of being the final race plus the fact this track looks completely different from the ones you raced before leads to a very exciting race.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Ruldra

Postby osaka » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Why is people talking fast Forza tracks and nobody has mentioned Maple Valley Raceway? As far as I know, it's fictional (where "afaik" means "I actually looked for it on google earth"), and it's astonoshingly fast, technical and has lots of ups and downs, apart from featuring a pretty amazing autumn landscape.

I'm with those who say Trial Mountain as well btw.
osaka

Postby itsgood2slide » Thu May 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Misty Loch from Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends. It is as fantastical a track as you might find in the likes of Outrun 2 and Daytona, but it also evokes the real and dangerous nature of early Grand Prix racing through picturesque countryside. It is the beautiful rollercoaster of a circuit that misty eyed racers' dreams are made of.
itsgood2slide

Return to Sim Racing