Gran Turismo 2 Arcade Disc

Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa...

Gran Turismo 2 Arcade Disc

Postby Ghegs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 am

I've never really played Gran Turismo games. Does the Arcade Mode in GT2 have a more arcade-like handling to the cars, or is it just a difference in how the game progresses (no tournaments, license tests, paying for vehicles, etc)?

Though I read you need to get all the licenses in Simulation Mode to unlock all the tracks in Arcade Mode. Is that a lengthy procedure?
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Re: Gran Turismo 2 Arcade Disc

Postby Despatche » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am

Seems the same to me in the GTs I've played, but there's a "Simulation"/"Drift" question in some games that may change things.

Yeah, every license gets you a new group of tracks (5 per license?). You can also beat each track (on Hard?) to get the Reverse versions. Licenses in GT2 aren't ridiculously long from what I remember, but there's 6 of them (S pops up after you get IA). It might take an hour or two.
There are three factors of consist of a car, wheels, space of residence and motive power. We can move with this convenient tool between 'space A' to 'space B'.
Despatche

Postby deca » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

I believe you're thinking of the Grip/Drift option when selecting a car on the Arcade disc, which amounts to selecting a tuning preset (unless I'm remembering wrong, it's been a long time).

I believe handling is the same on both discs and it's just a question of game progression. GT2 is awesome, it was my introduction to the series so I have a lot of nostalgia and fond memories. Racing Modifications available on almost EVERYTHING that isn't already a race car is awesome, half the fun is collecting cars and finding out what the race mod looks like.
deca

Postby osaka » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Ah GT2. It's not different on handling, really.

Although that Suzuki Pikes Peak Escudo '99 a friend of mine had was completely OP.
osaka

Postby Edmond Dantes » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:52 am

If GT2 is anything like GT1, then the difference between "Arcade Mode" and "Simulation Mode" is more in the nature of the game itself rather than in the racing engine--the actual races are the same either way, but in Arcade Mode its a more straightforward "pick mode, pick difficulty, pick car, race" and in simulation mode you have to buy a car, tune it up if you can afford it (there's a bit of an RPG aspect), gain licenses, and certain races are special events... stuff like that.
Edmond Dantes

Return to Sim Racing