Gran Turismo 6 announced

Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa...

Gran Turismo 6 announced

Postby Ghegs » Wed May 15, 2013 8:29 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/15/gran- ... announced/

Demo in July, game out in 2013 Holiday season. Who's excited?

1200 cars sounds kind of ridiculous, though...
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Re: Gran Turismo 6 announced

Postby victoly » Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 am

I'm excited because it seems like the odd-numbered GT games have always been the warmup for the superior even-numbered ones that came out later on the same system. 1200 cars should cover a lot of different classes and history, hopefully they have a good system to make sure they all get the correct amount of care put into modelling their design and characteristics (and realistic upgrade paths :roll:)
victoly

Postby deca » Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Ghegs wrote:1200 cars sounds kind of ridiculous, though...

Does it? GT5 has 1031 cars, and I don't think that's counting ones added via DLC. Even with that amount there are still some odd gaps an omissions.
deca

Postby osaka » Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 am

That's because 90% of the cars in GT are versions. Of Nissans and Mazdas, basically around 350Z, GTR from R32 onwards, RX7 and 8 and also the Toyota Celica.
osaka

Postby Ruldra » Fri May 31, 2013 1:01 pm

osaka wrote:That's because 90% of the cars in GT are versions. Of Nissans and Mazdas, basically around 350Z, GTR from R32 onwards, RX7 and 8 and also the Toyota Celica.

Seriously, many of the cars are just variations of the same model. For example, the game has 22 different versions of the Mazda MX-5 and 12 versions of the Mitsubishi 3000GT (I just checked on mygranturismo.net). Should they all really count as different cars? The game is full of those.

I remember one user on the GTPlanet forums made a list of UNIQUE cars in the game, removing all different versions of the same car from the list. The final count was around 350.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Ruldra

Postby osaka » Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 pm

And that's why Forza is FO DA WINZ
osaka

Postby Ghegs » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Demo out today!
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby Despatche » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:34 pm

i preordered it, so i probably should have said something. i do not even remotely regret the purchase.

pretty much the gt2 to gt5. even retains a chunk of the soundtrack... no planned soundtrack release is kinda funny. i actually liked gt5, and i feel that a lot of 5's annoyances are just logical evolutions of annoyances from gt1, so... anyway, a lot of series annoyances have been removed (keep in mind i'm the kind of guy who likes the license tests), and haven't really been replaced with anything. they're adding stuff every now and then, but i haven't been able to play it lately to see... kinda wondering when the next vision gt car will happen.

if you didn't like gt5, but liked the series, you will probably like this game. if you don't like this game anyway, you're looking for something that is never going to happen and that noone would do, and i'm sad to hear that.
There are three factors of consist of a car, wheels, space of residence and motive power. We can move with this convenient tool between 'space A' to 'space B'.
Despatche

Postby Thunderer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:45 am

Guess what racing game just got the official FIA certification?
http://jalopnik.com/gt6-becomes-first-r ... 386352/all
inb4 those so-called iRacing/rFactor master race™ worshippers cringe so hard while reading this.
Rest in peace Ridge Racer franchise, 1993-2012. Never forget, never forgive.
Thunderer

Postby itsgood2slide » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Has anyone here been trying out some of the user created tracks in GT6? There are some crazy ones around, including some grass only 'rally' tracks and others with some incredibly steep inclines.

It's not quite the po-faced sim you might expect of Gran Turismo...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu9I3sv4R5I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czZJKJmCIA[/youtube]

The track creator itself is massively limited in a number of key ways, but some people seem to have found ways to hack it.
itsgood2slide

Return to Sim Racing