Are there any guides for Papyrus' NASCAR Racing?

Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa...

Are there any guides for Papyrus' NASCAR Racing?

Postby Edmond Dantes » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 am

So I'm trying to learn this game, but I keep wrecking, losing control of the car, bumping the wall and subsequently causing my tires to blow, etc. I want to go into the garage and make modifications, but the problem is there's so much stuff you can modify and I don't know what any of it does or is supposed to do.

The manual explains jack-point-shit and GameFAQs doesn't have a FAQ for this one, so does anyone know if there was ever a strategy guide written for this game? (or even the later games, since I assume the info from them would still be compatible with the original)?

Thanks in advance.
Edmond Dantes

Re: Are there any guides for Papyrus' NASCAR Racing?

Postby 1up » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Wow 1994 version of Nascar Racing, my first dip into simracing. Even tried this before Indianapolis 500 :lol: All I did in that game was driving in the opposite direction and enjoying the havoc.

I don't know about 1994 Nascar but there is still a very active group player Nascar Racing 2003 Season also by Papyrus.

BITD, Simracingcentral was a good resource for setups and discussion but I haven't visited that place in about 8 years and I think it had a redesign at some point.
1up

Postby Edmond Dantes » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:03 am

I searched for simracing, but didn't find the website itself... just a lot of references to it.

Also, I discovered something... well, the release of NASCAR Racing I have is the "All American Sports Series," which apparently was a budget line. The PDF manual on the disk is apparently not the same as the printed manual that came with the original big box release! I can't confirm this for a fact though without re-buying the game just to get the manual, but I found a PDF of the manual for the second game and it does go into detail about the parts you can modify and what they're supposed to do. So that's helping a bit.

I also discovered the game has pre-made configurations you can load up... some of those have helped a little, and I even managed to qualify in the pole position with one of them... (then immediately blew my engine. At this point I'm not sure how much of it is the car configuration and how much is just me being a lousy racer) :lol:

Semi-unrelated, but... daaaaaaamn, the prices 2003 Season commands on eBay! I expect such things from something like Mario Kart, but whodathunk a realistic sports racing game would be worth $40, years after its heyday...
Edmond Dantes

Postby Thunderer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Usually NR series has preset/default settings for each track (I never tried it myself however).

Too bad that NR2k3, despite having the most perfect driving physics among NR series, the damage modelling is somewhat one step backwards IMHO (only dents, no detachable body parts).
Rest in peace Ridge Racer franchise, 1993-2012. Never forget, never forgive.
Thunderer

Postby lilmanjs » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Wish I still had the box for this game. Not sure about guides for this one, but still have the original Cd, and it is really neat. A couple of music tracks are stuck on the Cd as well if loaded with a media player, but not sure about the budget line release. I never got the hang of actually getting the pit crew to do their job so I always ran out of fuel. as for 2k3, I used to follow a few yt users who had custom racing leagues. I wonder if anyone plays Nascar Racing 4 as that's the last one I have.
lilmanjs

Return to Sim Racing