The Forzas

Gran Turismo, Forza, F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa...

The Forzas

Postby Moniker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 am

Thought I'd ask before plunking down cash: Forza 2 has been sitting in my backlog for awhile now, and I've got some games to trade in that would pay for Forza 4. Is there much reason to upgrade to 3 or 4, or is 2 good and plenty?
Moniker

Re: The Forzas

Postby 1up » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:53 am

Depends? I think both graphics and physics have come a long way since Forza 2, and if you looking for online stuff, it's all about Forza 4. Not only talking about the racing but also the community with setups, paint jobs, auction house etc. Forza 4 also has monthly time attack challenges.
1up

Postby deca » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 am

Forza 3 is garbage, along with a lot of little things they just completely wrecked the feel of the physics somehow. From what I understand 4 is a LOT better. Horizon is being developed by ex Bizarre Creations people along with some others and will implement the FM4 engine, I'm really looking forward to that one.
deca

Postby victoly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm

I'd say 1 and 4 are where it's at. Forza 2 took out the point-to-point races and just generally feels like Forza 1 HD with less content. I just started FM3 a couple of weeks ago and the menus are still annoying me, the unlock system is really lame, the new race season set up doesn't fit the game and feels limiting compared to Forza/Gran Turismo/Sega GT career modes, the car list isn't bad but kind of spotty (lots of "why do they have x and not y?" moments) and way too much focus on DLC. I can't say I outright hate it but there are lots of little things really ruining it for me.
victoly

Postby lilmanjs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

after buying Forza 1 to see how the series started out, I'm liking that more than Forza 2. though Forza 2 was one of the games that came with the 360, and even though it looks nicer, those point to point races are where its at. though if 4 is worth picking up, I'll be sure to get that.
lilmanjs

Postby deca » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm

4 has an amazing looking LONG touge stage that is divided into several point to points and can also be driven as a huge circuit, it's the main reason I want the game. I'm slightly disappointed they didn't include any real mountains but there are some segments of the original stages clearly influenced by certain actual roads.
deca

Postby 1up » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 am

I'm also big fan of the Alps stage thats available in the Events/Time Attack where you have to drive a Ferrari. The flow of that track is amazing.

Haven't played to Touge track that much but I enjoy the section where you go downhill and the finish line is just past the bridge.
1up

Postby 1up » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:29 am

So, I knew that Fujimi Kaido was cut up in different sections in Hot Lap mode, but today I watched a video on youtube of a Forza 4 Touge Series, and I learned that theres 2 downhill tracks that combine the whole downhill sections of the mountain. Theres Old Down Hill and New Down Hill each from the different side of the mountain. They race C class cars and it looked a lot of fun.

Tried it for myself in a C class Trueno (ofcourse :lol: ) and it's a blast. If I can figure out how to select other peoples ghost in Hot Lap mode, this event might be a lot of fun for the time attack forum?

I like the New Down Hill best myself. Steep section, a long straight and combination of tight hairpins.

EDIT:
after messing around a bit I figured out how to race other peoples ghost files.

you go to: Community > Leaderboards > P2P > C CLASS > Fujimi Kaido > Fujimi New Down Hill
If the time on the board has saved a replay you can select to race that guys ghost.

It's marked as a dot under the paperclip.
1up

Postby 1up » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Tried some online Racing today for the first time in a long time. It was a bunch of japanese guys in s class cars on random tracks. Suddenly the settings was changed to fujimi Kaido c class. 8 cars Racing downhill was vers intense and a lot of fun. Unfortutunately settings was changed again after only 2 races.

I have set a time of 5:03.xxx in a c class EG6 civic on fujimi Kaido new downhill. I saved the replay so you can race my ghost if interested 8-)
1up

Postby lilmanjs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Best reason to own Forza 3 and 4 is this awesome video. Daytona USA 2 cars and the man who made them seems to sell them for really cheap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=embM-odaIe4
lilmanjs

Postby osaka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm

My way of driving makes me despise drifting techniques, but I have to agree with deca in the awesomeness of the mountain stage. If you put a Radical in there you might be in for the ride of your life.
Side note, what's the inclination on the Stage C? Shit's scary as hell
osaka

Postby deca » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm

osaka wrote:Side note, what's the inclination on the Stage C? Shit's scary as hell

Have you tried checking out the telemetry? I think there are pretty in depth displays available and one of them might have that information.

I sadly still don't have the game, but I plan to in the near-ish future. Friend owes me 40 bucks and that GOTY edition just came out with some of the dlc, so when it's convenient for him to pick it up I'll have it.
deca

Postby osaka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't think it's there. Anyways, can't test it now because I lent my Forza 4 to a friend, might as well ask for it back but in the meantime, I can't see it.
osaka

Postby lilmanjs » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 am

Is there a way to find out which tracks are dlc in Forza III? Bought the ultimate collection version and just wondering.
lilmanjs

Postby osaka » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

It's easy: The ones that rock (Maple Valley, the mountain, Nurburgring) are not DLC. xD
osaka

Postby FIL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 am

I'm just going to chip in and say I really like Forza 3, only "sim" racing game that I've ever really liked. A few of the cars are impossibly twitchy to my ham-fisted arcade gaming driving skills but I love the choice of tracks. I wish more games had Road Atlanta.
FIL

Return to Sim Racing