RISE: Race the Future

F-Zero, Wipeout, Extreme-G, FAST Racing, BallisticNG...

RISE: Race the Future

Postby itsgood2slide » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 pm

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... intendo_nx

Subheading: Futuristic drift-based racing inspired by Sega Rally? Yes please.

For Wii U, 3DS and NX. [Edit: also PS4, Xbox One, PC, Android and iOS devices. Thanks, Ghegs!]

Could be awesome!
Last edited by itsgood2slide on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsgood2slide

Re: RISE: Race the Future

Postby AkumajoBelmont » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Here's hoping it goes to Sega Rally 1 for inspiration. I love the second, but the really weighty controls of the first game, particularly the Saturn port, can't be beat. For me, at least.

Definitely keeping my eye on this one, cheers for bringing it to my attention :)
AkumajoBelmont

Postby Ghegs » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to seeing some actual game footage.

Also, NintendoLife reports this with something of a bias. The game's official site says it will be released on PS4, XBone, Wii U, NX, 3DS, Steam, Google Play and AppStore.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:43 am

I've been following the dev's twitter, and the game seems to be in a bit of a trouble. Last month a member of the team passed away suddenly and just a little while ago they tweeted that they're "...officially looking for a partner to complete the development of Rise (Game company/publisher or independent developer or investor)".

Here's hoping they can pull through.
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm

This short article was just linked in the developer's Twitter. Basically, the game is still being worked o and the release will possibly be at the end of 2017 with PC/Steam being the primary focus.

Still no gameplay footage or even screenshots...
Ghegs

Postby itsgood2slide » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:20 pm

With one member of a two person team passing away, delays are inevitable.

Stop Skeletons From Fighting on YouTube have featured VDdev a few times in their punching weight series, particularly focusing on their 3D GBA games, many of which are also racing/driving games. All well worth watching if you are interested in the history of the team.
itsgood2slide

Return to Futuristic racers