The Introduction Thread

Discussion not focusing on a single game or series. Also forum-related matters.

Re: The Introduction Thread

Postby Franco_S30Z » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:23 am

Well, hello everyone.

My name is Franco Buffolo, originally named as Franco-Satsujinki666 (despite that i'm using a more diferent username). I really like playing video games, mostly between racing and fighting games (and a bit of RPG, kinda). I'm just signed on here, because... well, there's some games that i really like (since i have a PS2) and there's some ones, which i didn't played before.

Just for known, i'm between arcade and sim-arcade games. If i can mentioned an arcade game that i played before, I think between Daytona USA and Sega Rally is just enough for saying (I like both of then, btw).

Basically, I'm only have a PS2 (with a Logitech Driving Wheel Wireless), and now, a PS4, but i'm mostly playing in a laptop (a Dell Inspiron 15).
Franco_S30Z

Postby Ghegs » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:02 am

Welcome aboard!

PS2 has tons of good racers so you're well-covered there. Can I assume from your username you're also a fan of Wangan Midnight?
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby KAI » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Bienvenido Franco. Nice to see a fellow argento here.
Target Locked! Commence Attack!
KAI
RGDB Contributor

Postby Franco_S30Z » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Ghegs wrote:Welcome aboard!

PS2 has tons of good racers so you're well-covered there. Can I assume from your username you're also a fan of Wangan Midnight?

Thanks. About Wangan Midnight, well... maybe. I mean, i started to watching the anime adaptation (i need to read the manga), and even the PS2 version of Wangan Midnight, so yeah.

KAI wrote:Bienvenido Franco. Nice to see a fellow argento here.

Gracias, and yeah, i'm not exactly the only from Argentina on here.
Franco_S30Z

Postby Pedro Pablo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Franco_S30Z wrote:
Ghegs wrote:Welcome aboard!

Thanks. About Wangan Midnight, well... maybe. I mean, i started to watching the anime adaptation (i need to read the manga), and even the PS2 version of Wangan Midnight, so yeah.

KAI wrote:Bienvenido Franco. Nice to see a fellow argento here.

Gracias, and yeah, i'm not exactly the only from Argentina on here.

Well, you can get sure that you're now the only sudamerican around here ;)
Pedro Pablo

Postby spadgy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello. I thought I'd give this thread a bomb! I just joined here thanks to a pointer from Ghegs (because I needed some help for a work related thing, I confess!). Some of you may know me from the many years I was an obsessive poster on the Shmups Forum.

I didn't really used to be a huge driving devotee - always on the shmups! I always enjoyed driving games, but it was really Initial D Arcade Stage 4 that got me much more into it, around the release of that game.

And then in 2013 I moved to the UK seaside town of Hastings. I've got three arcades five minutes walk from home, but nothing with a stick on. Still; it's great here for light gun games and racers, so they have become my main gaming diet, at least in terms of 'out in real arcades gaming.

That's not to say I'm very good at driving games!
spadgy

Postby Ghegs » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Welcome aboard spadgy, good to see you here!

I'm jealous of you being near to arcades. Close to my work there's a movie theater with a Sega Rally 3 and H2Overdrive, but they're so horribly expensive I don't really play them often. What games do you have available there?
Ghegs

Postby davyK » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

Hi folks.

Thought I'd sign up after watching the youtube video hosted by Shooting Games Weekly.

Have always liked time trialling ever since Super Mario KArt on the SNES. That was also the first game I ever saw that had a TT ghost.

Into Sega Rally, Daytona, Outrun, Mario Kart and F-Zero but I keep an open mind.

My Sega Rally experience is with the Saturn port, Daytona on Dreamcast and 360, Outrun on Saturn (and C2C on PS2), Mario Kart TT-ing is mainly with Double Dash on Gamecube, and finally I adore F-Zero X on N64. I also like GX but I find it just that bit too hard to be enjoyable; though I have yet to dip into TT-ing but the whole snaking mechanic puts me off somewhat.
davyK

Postby Ghegs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

Hey there, welcome!

I've been meaning to look into the original Super Mario Kart and F-Zero now that I have the SNES Classic Mini, but other than doing a few races in the latter I haven't found the time...
Ghegs

Previous

Return to General Discussion