I recieved today...

Discussion not focusing on a single game or series. Also forum-related matters.

Re: I recieved today...

Postby Ghegs » Mon May 18, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm curious how I'll like the game, since I don't really play sims and this is one is easily the most sim of all arcade racers. But it's still an arcade racer. It's a conundrum. We'll see how it goes.

Despite the game being released worldwide and I understand the PAL version has the ever-important 60hz mode included, I got the JP version because A) it's mostly in English anyway and B) "Renewal Quality Edition" sounds bad-ass.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby gingerbeardman » Mon May 18, 2015 6:49 pm

I guess there are reasons to pick this over the Dreamcast version?
gingerbeardman

Postby Ghegs » Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 pm

My reasons are mainly that while I do have a Dreamcast, it's never hooked up (I'm not sure if I even have any games for it anymore), and I don't have a wheel for it. And I don't want to get a wheel for it, I already have two wheels taking up space. With the PS2 version I can use my GT Force wheel easily.

The PS2 port also has the exclusive Great Driver Challenge gameplay mode, which sounds fun.
Ghegs

Postby gingerbeardman » Wed May 20, 2015 11:33 am

Sounds like the right decision!
gingerbeardman

Postby itsgood2slide » Wed May 20, 2015 1:12 pm

ooh an extra mode in F355 on PS2... I could be tempted to 'double dip'. Is it worth the drop to Interlaced visuals though? I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this mode... it sounds like it shares MSR/PGR's kudos mechanics.

This thread seems fun so let me join in with a recent eBay purchase:

Gripped Off Road Championship a.k.a. SODA Off Road Racing

Somehow, despite being a PC gamer in the 90s and a big fan of off-road racers in particular, this one completely passed me by.

I am happy to say that it runs without any issues on a Windows 8 Laptop and I have managed to get analogue controls by using two PS2 controllers simultaneously (not massively convenient but I'm having too much fun to care!)

Complete in big box, £3 inc postage! :D
itsgood2slide

Postby SamsungMinen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:11 pm

No-hum critical response and enough non-reviewers defending it to warrant a purchase at a modest price it fetches nowadays.
Ancient This vanished.
SamsungMinen

Postby Ghegs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:00 pm

The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel. Got it shipped for €50, pretty nice. Used, but seems to be in really good condition.
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Got F-Zero: GP Legend for GBA today. I happened to spot an eBay seller who's apparently got a truckload of these, as he's selling new, sealed, CIB ones for $9.99. And even international shipping was just $8. And though I was a bit suspicious, now that I have it and have examined the cart and the box, it does indeed look to be a genuine article. Very good value there.
Ghegs

Postby 1up » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:16 am

Forza Horizon 2 finally dropped in price for Xbox 360, so I snagged it. Incredible that it has held it's price for this long? it's been £30+ since release for the xbox 360 version.

Anyway, I frickin' loved the first one so I can't wait to get started on this one 8-)
1up

Postby FIL » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Found a game called Race Pro in the bargain bin today, got it for £5.

It's a low budget race sim but it seems ok. It certainly looks pretty cheap but it's got a lot of features. It's got a good selection of assistance options but even I can manage to get round the track in a Mini with them all turned off.
FIL

Postby itsgood2slide » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 am

Race Pro is the best sim of its generation for me. The presentation of the menus is quite basic but the graphics seem really realistic, especially on the street circuits like Pau and Macau. Fantastic handling and super track selection too, not huge in number but with many great circuits that do not turn up in many games.
itsgood2slide

Postby Thunderer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

For me, it's two predecessors, GTR2 and GT Legend are among the best racing sim of all time.
Especially that GTR2 can be an easy substitute supplement/replacement of rFactor due to the ridiculous amount of mods people created, while IIRC GT Legend is one of the few post-2000 racing sim with GT-like career mode.
CRASHDAY IS THE BEST RACING SIM AND HAS ALL POSSIBLE SIMULATION VALUES
Thunderer

Postby itsgood2slide » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:10 pm

I probably should have clarified that I meant console generation. I realise there are many more sims on PC. GT Legends is on my hit list if I ever invest in a PC for gaming.
itsgood2slide

Postby lilmanjs » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Last racers I bought were both sim racers and both digital buys. Shift 2 and Project Cars. After playing Project cars for a little bit the day I got it, Shift 2 was deemed to be junk. Looking through GOG atm for getting something in the arcade style.
lilmanjs

Postby Ghegs » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm

GOG has Flatout 2 which is just awesome. The Screamer games are solid as well.
Ghegs

Postby osaka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm

itsgood2slide wrote:I probably should have clarified that I meant console generation. I realise there are many more sims on PC. GT Legends is on my hit list if I ever invest in a PC for gaming.

You won't need much, GTL runs in a hot potato. It's a lovely game too.

I bought the bundlestars Born2Race 2 bundle short ago. SuperToyCars was relatively fun, I should hit up the track editor. I did expect more from RiptideGP 2, since I've put tons of hours into Hydro Thunder and I think that game is excellence, but it IS a 285MB game so it's not too bad.
osaka

Postby osaka » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:11 pm

A bit late, but my Forza 6 edition Xbox One along with Forza Horizon 2 and a play-and-charge kit & pad pack arrived in the mail last wednesday. Might update this post with a pic of my current console setup, but for now, I've made a thing in Horizon 2:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... ideo%2cmp4

(Might upload to the tube in the near future)
osaka

Postby 1up » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Picking up a Microsoft Wireless Xbox 360 wheel later today for €6!

I'm very excited. This means I get to play Outrun Online Arcade with a wheel! 8-) :lol:

What other games support the wheel`?
1up

Postby Ghegs » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Nice, that's a great price!

There's a compatibility list available here, but it's not complete as it's lacking at least Daytona USA. And Daytona feels great with the wheel.
Ghegs

Postby 1up » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Nice list. I think Outrun Online Arcade is missing too as I saw someone on youtube play it with this wheel.

I will be buying Daytona USA in a couple of weeks. I love the fact that I got this wheel and that I got it this cheap 8-) I moved a couple of months ago and had to sell my dedicated racing setup, and this microsoft wheel is so easy to store in the closet. And it feels like it's actually comfortable to play with on your lap.

There was no power adapter, so no force feedback, but I guess I can buy an 3rd party universal psu at some point. Will probably plays tons of Outrun Online Arcade to try and better my times. I can't wait to have better control in that game :lol:
1up

Postby itsgood2slide » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:30 pm

osaka wrote:
itsgood2slide wrote:I probably should have clarified that I meant console generation. I realise there are many more sims on PC. GT Legends is on my hit list if I ever invest in a PC for gaming.

You won't need much, GTL runs in a hot potato. It's a lovely game too.

I don't actually own a PC myself, I just use my girlfriend's laptop from time to time for mid-nineties fare like Sega Rally and SODA / Gripped. I tried a demo of Grand Prix Legends on it, but it ran choppily.
itsgood2slide

Postby osaka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Pretty sure that any computer you find today will run GTL, so don't worry.
osaka

Postby SamsungMinen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:41 am

F355 Challenge PAL outputs 60 Hz indeed. Didn't sound like exactly my kind of game, but since I have some very good memories of Sega's other titles released in those years and still plenty of use for PS2, to pay the price I paid for it was an easy decision to make. Although it's not much more expensive for DC (where I could play it with a Saturn wheel, thanks to the adapter), realistically speaking - PS2 is where it's at nowadays.
"Flatout 2 Pack" is 1&2 on one DVD.

Cover DVD from a now-defunct magazine featuring full version of the 2001 Ballistics.

Unmodded Crashday resembles Full Auto 2 strikingly (down to the framerates on my PC). Not gonna play it much on this computer [too many more polished, better performing, too similar games lying around (Full Auto 2: Battlelines, as long as it runs in no more than 720p, included)], bud I'd say the basic gameplay felt robust enough.
Ancient This vanished.
SamsungMinen

Postby Ghegs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Saw an eBay seller who was selling each of the PS2 GPX Cyber Formula games, so I thought why not.
Ghegs

Postby FIL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Not so much something I received but something I dug out from a dusty box under my bed.

It seems to work in PCSX2 as well
FIL

Postby Ghegs » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:12 am

Haha, that looks amazing. Does the PAL version have 60hz?
Ghegs

Postby FIL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:48 pm

It's only 50hz, but it's a budget train racing game, I'm not sure the extra frames would add much in this case.
FIL

Postby 1up » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:26 am

well, not today, but early next week I will be getting Burnout Revenge in the mail for Xbox 360.

I'm selling off my PS1,PS2 and GameCube collection and realised that I will only have Burnout Paradise left :shock: I panicked and remembered that Revenge was on X360. Sure it's not Burnout 3 Takedown which is my favorite but it will do.

Only "classic" Burnout game you can play via HDMI. I'm very excited. I can't wait to see how it looks in HD.
1up

Postby Ghegs » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:44 am

Bought the components for a new gaming rig last week and had a friend put it all together yesterday, because he's just more handy with that stuff. With an Intel Skylake i5-6600K processor, GeForce GTX 1060 for a graphics card and two SSDs for separate OS and games drives it should keep my PC gaming silky smooth for a good while.
Ghegs

Postby d123456 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:05 am

Info:
Ferrari on PS2 can be played in 480p on a PS2 with the help of GSM or with OPL/GSM.
Which means 16:9 and 480p on ps2
Dreamcast was either 480p or 16:9, not both at the same time.
d123456

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion