Nintendo Switch

For discussion about non-racing games

Nintendo Switch

Postby Ghegs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:22 pm

youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI

So that's a thing now. I'm personally not really interested in the main gimmick - I like to play games at home, and I wouldn't want to risk lugging that thing along on commutes or holidays. And it looks huge, barely qualifies as a handheld. And I certainly don't feel the need to be able to play games every single second of my day. I guess they're trying to compete against mobile games in a way there?

Still, if the games are good I could just keep it as a home console. I wonder if Nintendo will ignore F-Zero for the third console generation in a row?
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby osaka » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:38 pm

I am interested in it as a piece of hardware honestly. Seems practical enough to bring in like a little bag and play during a commute.

As for F-Zero, yeah, it's over now.
osaka

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Ghegs » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Now that I've had a bit more time to think about it, I might actually use the "handheld mode" to play games in the living room occasionally, outside my de facto game room. Might even get the wife to do some couch co-op.

Still, until I hear more about the games, I'm going to stay at "possibly interested". I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo's big first-party titles, but if they get solid third-party support...we'll see.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Return to Other Games