Gear.Club coming to Switch

Battle Gear, Wangan Midnight, Trackmania, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Midnight Club, Side By Side, PGR, Excite Truck, Mario Kart, Neo Drift Out and many more!

Gear.Club coming to Switch

Postby itsgood2slide » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Gear.Club, the iOS/Android game from Eden Games is coming to Nintendo Switch. Has anyone played it?

When I saw a screenshot I was interested, then the name and mobile heritage made me think it would be one of those gear changing games, but then in the trailer it looks like Test Drive Unlimited (but with expanded customisation). I think it might be the first car racing game on a Nintendo console since Most Wanted 2012!

youtu.be/xl564bi5x-g
itsgood2slide

Re: Gear.Club coming to Switch

Postby AkumajoBelmont » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

Gear.Club is fantastic for a mobile game. The Freemium stuff is a little too in your face for my tastes, but my tastes are I hate Freemium full-stop, so there you go.

I'm almost 100% sure they'll tone that down though, and it'll be a Premium racer on the Switch. In which case, I think we'll be in for a treat. The handling is basically MSR x TDU x Forza Horizon, at least the way I have it configured on my phone. There's more hardcore options for turning off assists and stuff, but I prefer at least a semi sim-cade approach in games like this.

It's no Forza, but I'm really eager to see how it fares on the Switch. I'll be disappointed if it turns out that the F2P stuff is still in there, but it's far, FAR from the worst example of the system. I've had many hours of fun with it and not splurged on IAP, so fingers crossed!
AkumajoBelmont

Postby itsgood2slide » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

Thank you for your insight.

It sounds fantastic! I love MSR, TDU2 and Forza Horizon : )

Hopefully it will be a case of the full game on a cartridge rather than a free download plus microtransactions. I don't do 'freemium' either.
itsgood2slide

Postby Ghegs » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:00 pm

youtu.be/i5xtPEQNkSY

Out on November 21st, I'm hoping to hear some impressions from you guys.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby itsgood2slide » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am

I will definitely buy this, but I have resolved not to buy a first generation Nintendo handheld again, so it could be a while before I play it.
itsgood2slide

Return to Others