Just a step behind you...

Vista Peak Base
Ghegs & 01:34:36 & Peugeot 405

Ghost file here again.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Re: RalliSport Challenge Time Attack - Vista Peak

Postby clp » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:35 pm

keep going ghegs, it's always down to the last corners for me. We are both closing in on the fastest time i've seen which is 33.02, btw how do you get the downhill versions?
clp

Postby Ghegs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm

We can do this! I didn't check your replay yet, did you switch to using the shortcut near the start?

To get downhill versions of the hill climb tracks, you need to get either 100k points in career mode or start a new game with the name "Geronimo".
Ghegs

Postby clp » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 pm

not yet, still refining what i have, how much faster is it do you think?
clp

Postby Ghegs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:12 am

Tough to say, when I raced against your earlier ghost (with the 1:35 time) I beat it to the first checkpoint by 0.7 seconds. But it's difficult to pull off consistently, the way the jump lands is a tad unpredictable. 80% of my runs end right here because the car either flips over or ends in a position where recovering takes way too much time.

There's another potential shortcut, just before the third checkpoint. You can cut through the trees, but I'm not sure yet if it's possible to do so and gain any advantage over going by the gravel path.
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Decided I need a slight change of pace and start learning the other Vista Peak courses as well.

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:38:88 & Peugeot 405

That took me a dozen or so attempts. A nice course, lots of fun drifting possibilities - but I do think it's easier than Base. Not only is the course wider in general, it also doesn't have quite as many annoyingly based rocks or banners on the edge of the road to look out for. And it has more straights, which means more opportunities to fix your line. In Base it's harder to correct your line since it's mostly just one turn after another.

In Base most of my errors result in a reset because the car has flipped over. In Ridge, at least so far, it's mostly just a time loss while still being able to continue and have a chance to make up for the mistake. A very nice change of pace, indeed.
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:33:96 & Peugeot 405

With a bit more practice and maybe a change of car I'm thinking we could hit sub-1:30 here.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Vista Peak ridge
clp & 01:33:62 & Toyota Tacoma

clp

Postby clp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Vista Peak ridge
clp & 01:32:38 & Toyota Tacoma

this was a good run, those last 2 turns are a shit.

fuck me it's also faster than any time here so maybe even wr who knows. https://cyberscore.me.uk/chart/10407

Heres the ghost, i highly recommend switching to the toyota as my 405 ghost falls miles behind in the straights alone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra6ebbxwl23zgxc/Ghost?dl=0
clp

Postby Ghegs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Nice, good job! I've been busy/tired these last few days so I haven't got any racing done, but I'll be working on it again soon.

I looked at some of the other times for this game on that site, I think we can beat 'em.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Ghegs wrote:Nice, good job! I've been busy/tired these last few days so I haven't got any racing done, but I'll be working on it again soon.

I looked at some of the other times for this game on that site, I think we can beat 'em.

yeah man for sure, defo up for expanding onto some other tracks soon to. Btw i'm thinking of picking up another colin mcrae soon for ps2, any in particular you'd want to time attack aswell?
clp

Postby clp » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Vista Peak Summit
clp & 01:34:59 & Grand Vitara pp sp

Could knock a couple seconds off i think, this course is flowless and jank though.

clp

Postby clp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 am

Vista Peak Base
clp & 01:33:77 & Peugeot 405

2 nervous hesitations stopped this being 32xx but i know i can do it at least, i was 1.15 seconds ahead in the mid section. I tried your line at the beginning btw but can't make it beneficial, the few times i did get through ahead of the ghost the line into the next corner was all wrong so i ended up behind.

clp

Postby Ghegs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am

clp wrote:I tried your line at the beginning btw but can't make it beneficial, the few times i did get through ahead of the ghost the line into the next corner was all wrong so i ended up behind.

Yeah, it's difficult to pull off and gets frustrating when you're restarting the course 15 times in a row just because of it, but I do think it is faster, and it's possible to get into a really good line when coming out of it. Whether it's possible to do it consistently is a whole 'nother matter...
Ghegs

Postby clp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 am

it definitely has potential but as you say the success is random, i even had a couple barrel rolls from it for no reason. If i exhaust all improvements in the field i may try and tame it but as it stands i think a 32 is doable without it, nerves screwed me out of the last one heh. I was playing some of the career mode last night, we defo have to do those Mediterranean winding road tracks at some point, they are so hard.
clp

Postby clp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Vista Peak Base
clp & 01:32:54 & Peugeot 405

That's another one beaten on the other site, was even all the way until cliff edge turn before the final u turns begin and just went for it.
8-)

ghost

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra6ebbxwl23zgxc/Ghost?dl=0
clp

Postby Ghegs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 am

Damn, that's a strong time, congrats.

I tried the Toyota yesterday but it just oversteers like crazy, even with all the sensitivity settings and steering set to the lowest. I'm gonna have to try it with the wheel.

Btw i'm thinking of picking up another colin mcrae soon for ps2, any in particular you'd want to time attack aswell?

I don't really know anything about the McRae games, though I hear Colin McRae 2 is well-regarded. I'd probably get the PC version anyway, slightly more convenient for me.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:15 am

I just used the toyota on defaults and adapted to it's feel but yeah that's the only course i found it benefited on. cmr2.0 actually has a healthy speedrun community although they do entire events and not individual races, tbh i was just speculating as this game still has a ton to do, i want to attack those crazy Mediterranean road courses and the downhill versions of vista peak.
clp

Postby Ghegs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 am

clp wrote:as this game still has a ton to do, i want to attack those crazy Mediterranean road courses and the downhill versions of vista peak.

Oh definitely, those Mediterranean courses are fun.

I'm really curious if the non-Hill Climb cars would be more competitive in the Downhill courses. That'd be awesome, because I really like some of the other cars better over the oiled rockets that hill climb cars are.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 am

Yeah no odds to me i'm happy for arbitrary ideas to be implemented, add em and we can get it rocking. If you can clarify all the excluded cars then i can get on and start playing.
clp

Postby Ghegs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:32:95 & Peugeot 405

Shaved a second off. I just can't get a handle on that Toyota.
Ghegs

Postby Ghegs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:32:15 & Peugeot 405

Taking that WR for now ;) We can definitely hit 1:31 here.

And I did this with digital steering and analog accel/brake. I even got to grips with the Toyota using them, it's still jittery but easier to control with the d-pad. In the end the Peugeot is still faster in the corners.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Vista Peak ridge
clp & 01:31:25 & Toyota Tacoma

My lines are legit in this run, i still say toyoto is best on this track even in corners if you know how to drive it and get the speed into corners right (i barely use brakes instead i calculate the distance and let natural speedloss based on visual cues setup corners)

clp

Postby Ghegs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:32:01 & Peugeot 405

A tiny improvement - but I figured some stuff out and I'll be able to beat your time, just need to pull the run off.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 pm

nice! what are you aiming for? i've been toying with the downhill vista base today with the 405, holy shit what a hoot that is, looking forward to attacking those and the med stages at some point.
clp

Postby Ghegs » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:30:53 & Peugeot 405

That's about the time I knew I could hit. Maybe I'll give the Toyota some more goes, but I think I'm reaching my limits for this course.

If you want to start time attacking the other courses, feel free to host a thread for them - I'll participate as soon as I'm done conquering Vista Peak Uphill. ;)

And I still need to unlock those downhill versions. You know what I'd love? All the three Vista Peak courses combined into one single course. That you could then race both uphill and downhill. And the same done with Mt. Kiwi and Koenig as well. That'd make the game perfect.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:55 pm

nice! can i have the ghost file plz? I'm happy to wait tbh it seems pointless to me to have multi threads of the same game.
clp

Postby clp » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Vista Peak ridge
clp & 01:30:14 & Toyota Tacoma

This also beats the xbox record.

clp

Postby Ghegs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Well, you've forced me to change cars. Guess I have to admit the Tacoma is faster here.

Vista Peak Ridge
Ghegs & 01:29:57 & Toyota Tacoma

EDIT: Ghost here.

Got 01:30:09 first, but I knew I could hit 1:29 so went at it a bit more and there we go. Some of my drifts weren't quite as smooth as I'd like, so 1:28 might just be possible.

clp wrote: I'm happy to wait tbh it seems pointless to me to have multi threads of the same game.

I think I'd rather have the different mountains in the game have their own separate thread, the main post will quickly become unwieldy if there's ~9 tables on it.
Ghegs

Postby clp » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 pm

told you the toyotos faster :lol:

I'm done with that course now but share your ghost so i can see it properly please.
clp

PreviousNext

Return to Time Attack