What are you playing?

Discussion not focusing on a single game or series. Also forum-related matters.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby osaka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:01 pm

I've decided to take up WipEout Fusion just to say I've played all wipeout games after getting done with Wipeout XL. It's definitely not a bad racing game, but I can see where the backlash came from.

Also fuck the Van Uber challenges. How do you make the first challenge an elimination challenge with a ship that has at stock 39 health
osaka

Postby Ghegs » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Returned to Side By Side again, at least for a spell. I went and got #1 in the few remaining courses in arcade mode, to unlock the three bonus tracks, and then I got #1 in those to unlock the three bonus cars. Not a terribly difficult thing to do overall, took me less than two hours overall. The bonus tracks were a bit tough, since they're all point-to-point so there's no minimap to help you, just have to drive them until you memorize them enough to win.

One of the bonus courses is Akagi Downhill, btw. Pretty cool. I wonder if the other two are famous from Initial D as well?

The unlockable cars are mostly curiosities. There's Taito Van, Taito 1Box and Taito Truck. The truck one handles appropriately sluggishly, and the van is quite fast but doesn't turn very well. So not a real contender for Akina, but it would probably do well in the easier courses. I did manage to beat Bunta in Akina Downhill with it, though!
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby Lee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am

I really wanted to get under 2 minutes on Manx TT's Laxey Coast. There's hardly anyone playing it on YouTube but I could feel it was possible, just had to keep playing and playing until I got it..

youtu.be/6y3HFw8G5LU

EDIT: Replaced with slightly faster time.
Last edited by Lee on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

Postby Ghegs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Nice job there. I've never played the game myself, looks to have a great feel of speed to it.
Speed is the magic that gives us direction
Ghegs

Postby Lee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Only 2 tracks, but it's fast and handles quite satisfyingly (if you're playing it properly as if you were sat on a bike). I went back to Sega Rally after playing this for a few days and it was incredibly sensitive! You just had to look at the car and it would turn. It's going to take a while to re-learn it.

With this game, the experience is really in the cab, leaning on the bike and using the other view but the other view really hinders your lines and can make you a bit seasick.
Lee

Previous

Return to General Discussion